1) Choose Input>EN 13445-3 Input or click EN 13445-3 Input button . The EN 13445-3 Input dialog box appears.
2) In the Component Selection group box, choose EN 13445 Welded component.
3) In the Select Material Database group box, choose EN material radio button. In the EN Material group box, click EN 10028 Flat products radio button. In the Steel Name drop-down menu, choose P355GH 60<t<=100. Recall that the tube thickness is 80 mm, hence select 60<t<=100 thickness is selected.
In the Fatigue Curve Type group box, check Constant amplitude loading radio button.
4) In the EN 13445 Welded Material group box, check Equivalent stress fatigue curve radio button. Enter 80 mm thickness of stressed member under consideration.
To select the class of weld detail, click Select button, and the Classification of weld details - equivalent stresses based dialog window displays.
Click Class 80 radio button to match full penetration butt weld made from both sides and with testing group 1. Click OK button to confirm and return to previous window.
The fatigue curve for the selected material can be plotted by clicking Plot fatigue curve button. You can zoom, print or export the chart, or change the styles of the chart by clicking the buttons on the tool bar. Click X button on the upper-right corner to close the window.
5) In the Plasticity Correction Factor group box, choose Mechanical origin, because the stress is driven by fluid pressure loading.
Click OK to return to home window.